RULES AND REGULATIONS
These internal rules and regulations are put in place to guide the students through out their studies in this institution. Each student is expected to read, comprehend and abide to these rules and regulations because ignorance will not be considered as an excuse.
Article 1: STUDENT HOOD
1. Nacho Bilingual Comprehensive High School (N.B.C.H.S) is a co-education institution operating at both first and second cycles. Student hood is gained through direct admission into either the first or second cycle beginning classes or through transfer from other schools based on the provision of valid documents.
2. Student hood is lost through withdrawal by the student, through dismissal or on completion of course. Student’s rights
1. All the students of this college shall enjoy the right to study without disturbances from mates or teachers. if any, report through a written note to the administration
2. The right to attend all periods per their class timetable.
3. The right to freedom of speech and expression in either English language or French language.
4. The right to use the school library and infirmary if need arises Student’s responsibility and obligations
1. Students are expected to mutually respectful and friendly especially towards elders. Insults, slander, blackmail fighting theft, beating of younger ones as well as all other acts of provocation are punishable according to the gravity of the offense. Tearing, mutilation or removal of any official notice is strictly forbidden.
2. Pidgin English is strictly forbidden. Students are expected to speak either English language or French language on campus.
3. Students must use the school property with utmost care and decency. Any damages must be reported to the competent authority of the school. The student responsible for any damage shall pay for repair. Any willful damage shall attract expulsion from the school.
4. No student should write on the walls, tables and doors. Defaulters will be forced to repaint the walls or table or doors.
5. Manual labour is compulsory so all students must come with their tools.
6. Phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed in school. Any phone or electrical device found with a student is immediately confiscated and destroyed in front of the assembly ground.
7. Entry of the school is only through the main gate. Any student who shall jump the fence or enter the school through unauthorized means shall be punished severely. Repeated scaling may attract dismissal.
8. Students must fully participate in all the march pass practices and must march on 11th February and 20th May.
9. Aimless loitering and leaning on the balcony during classes is strictly forbidden.
10. All students must be involve in physical education and must earn marks for it in their report cards.
11. Students are responsible for the cleaning of their classrooms, workshops and their learning environment.
12. All students are obliged to sit for two sequences and other continues evaluation exercises each term.
13. Students of the examination classes are obliged to write the regional mock examination. Those who will not write shall be severely punished.
14. Students must respect all the school prefects and other school authorities. Arguing or fighting with the prefect or teacher irrespective of who is at fault is forbidden.
Article II: SCHOOL DAYS
1. Classes begin at 8am and ends at 5:30pm with a break of 30minutes every day for students of the examination classes. And for those in the non examination classes, classes begin at 8am and ends at 3:30pm everyday.
2. Morning assembly holds on Mondays and Fridays each week beginning from 7:15am and all students are expected to participate fully in all associated exercise such as lining up, devotion and singing of the national anthem.
3. Every student is expected to respect the class time table in all its provisions.
Article III: ORGANISATION AND RUNNING OF CLASSES
1. The school week shall run from Monday to Friday. Saturday may be used for make-up classes, supervised assignments and punishment.
2. During break, students shall be free to leave the classroom and go to the canteen but will not be allowed to go out of the campus except on permission from the disciplinary department.
3. Those who violate this rule shall be severely sanctioned. Free periods on the time table are to be used for research in the library and assignment.
4. It is forbidden to go out of class or loiter in the classroom during any such period. In case of a teacher’s absence, students must occupy themselves profitably with exercises.
Article IV: PUNCTUALITY AND ABSENTEEISM
1. Late coming is not allowed. Late coming to school and other college activities will be seriously sanctioned. Punctual attendance of classes and other activities like march pass during important days such as youth day and national day is obligatory. Defaulters will be severely punished.
2. Students who forfeit classes to work punishment are marked absent in the attendance register
3. A student who absents from school for up 30 hours is liable to appear before the disciplinary council and will be dismissed. Under no circumstances should a student leave the campus before the official closing hour except duly permitted and with an exit.
Article v: SCHOOL UNIFORM
Daily wear for first cycle (forms one to four)
1. For the first cycle, a white jacket with their names at the chest pocket over a blue-black trouser for boys and over blue-black skirt for the girls
2. Ash T-shirt over a blue-black trouser for boys and a blue-black skirt for girls.
3. As for the sport wear, the students are required to dress in red T-shirt over red short for both boys and girls.
4. Sky-blue color threats pull over.
5. Black low hill cover shoe or sandals. Official wear A sky-blue long sleeve shirt over an ash colored skirt for girls and trouser for boys, with an ash color petit coat for both boys and girls.
Daily wear for second cycle (forms five to seven)
1. For the first cycle, a white jacket with their names at the chest pocket over a blue-black trouser for boys and over blue-black skirt for the girls with blue bands at the three pockets, around the arm and along the button hole section of the jacket.(see sample in school)
2. White T-shirt over a blue-black trouser for boys and a blue-black skirt for girls.
3. As for the sport wear, the students are required to dress in white T-shirt over white short for both boys and girls.
4. Sky-blue color threats pull over.
5. Black low hill cover shoe or sandals. Official wear A sky-blue long sleeve shirt over an ash colored skirt for girls and trouser for boys, with an ash color coat for both boys and girls.
Article VI: Health
1. The college has an infirmary where students who are feeling ill or wounded can go and see the nurse to attend them. Students will only call there for the treatment of minor wounds, sprains.
2. All students shall pay 4.000FRS for medical fee which shall be refundable if not used for the day students and 10,000frs for the boarding students, all which are refundable.
Article VII: Library
1. The college has a modern library coordinated by a librarian. This library has updated books for all the subjects offered in this school and students are expected to present their timetable before they can be allowed into the library.
2. The library is open from Monday to Friday to students from form one to seven. The students are expected to present a library card to use and borrow books from the library.
3. Noise making is forbidden in the library. Under no circumstance should a student be caught talking and distracting other students in the Library.